For more information log on to:
Begun originally in 1957, as a Lay persons ministry for answering questions on JESUS CHRIST, this was a small association of people called the CATHOLIC INFORMATION BUREAU (CIB), with Ms. Francis Rondo as its Secretary. In 1977, due to her ill health and ageing self, this was handed over to the Media Missionaries, the Daughters of St. Paul, with Sr. Grazia Vaz as its first Directress. This transition was ably brought about by the late Archbishop, Most Rev. P. Arokiaswamy, and the organization was christened as the CATHOLIC ENQUIRY CENTRE (CEC).
Since then, and with purpose-filled relocations, CEC has grown in its reach, and as a family of enthused dedicated Co-workers, MAKING CHRIST KNOWN, either through simple conversations or sometimes through large well-planned Programs.
Situated at the INFANT JESUS SHRINE, it has attracted many pilgrims, from varied faiths and social strata, on a quest for Christ’s love. With the rapid growth of Bangalore, the rise in the international population, and the increased mixture of technocrats from different ‘States’, CEC’s presence and purpose has become all the more relevant TODAY!
With the changing times and the need to focus on the right communication reaching the right audience sets or even capturing their attention, the Archdiocesan Catholic Enquiry Centre (CEC) constantly updates the publicity material used.